How We Work
Fix your cat at a Clinic
Our participating vets set aside time especially to fix Coalition cats. A volunteer checks the cats in and works with you on paying for the surgery, and we will do our best to help you with any other issues you want to discuss. Here's how the clinics work:
1. Pre-register your cat for a clinic, or call 605-593-5550 to sign up. See the table above for upcoming clinic dates.
2. Talk to a Coalition volunteer. We will need to verify that you are a feral guardian or low income client. If we have funding available, we may be able to help you pay for the surgery.
3. Go to the clinic. We work with top Black Hills vets who care about animals and want to save animal lives. Your kitty will be checked in and fixed, and you will receive instructions on after-care from your vet. Take your newly-fixed kitty home the same day or the next day, depending on what the vet thinks is best.
4. Give your little one a nice scritch, and feel good knowing that your kitty will live a healthier, happier life.
Fix your cat with a Voucher
If you have health or transportation issues, or are dealing with feral cats, getting to a clinic may not be an option for you. For cases like this, we have established a voucher program. Here's how the vouchers work:
1. Talk to a Coalition volunteer. We will need to verify that you are a feral guardian or low income client, and figure out what vet will work best for you, then mail you a voucher. If we have funding available, we may be able to help you pay for the surgery.
2. Call the designated vet when you receive your voucher, and make an appointment.
3. Go to the veterinary clinic and get your cat fixed. Your vet will give you after-care instructions.
4. Give yourself a pat on the back for doing your part to make sure that enough good kitty homes are there for the kitties who need them.